Friday, September 30, 2011

Foodie Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! Today I am sharing how to make Cinnamon Apple Chips. If there is a way to make a healthy snack unhealthy then I will definitely do it. I love eating healthy but not as much as I love sugary sweet things. This is a great snack for Fall since some of us will be going apple picking.

Here is what you need:
Yep its that simple

                          Apples
                          Cinnamon
                          Sugar

First preheat your oven to 350.

Put 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
This is my tablespoon....I LOVE cinnamon so its heaping.
 Slice your apples (I used 2 for this recipe) the thinner the better. This is where one of those handy dandy apple slicers would be nice, unfortunately I went at it the old fashioned way.

Coat the apple slices in the cinnamon sugar mixture


Place them on a pan lined with parchment paper


Bake for 1-2 hours this really depends on how think your apples are sliced, the thinner they are the faster they bake. Prepare for your house to fill with a yummy Fall time scent.

Whem they look curled up on the edges and feel crunchy they are done! They look like they are burned but thats just the cinnamon.

Well I hope this post inspires you to make Fall time snacks. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I will most definitely be making these in the near future! They will be tasty with a hot glass of mulled wine!