Monday, September 5, 2011

Made it Monday



It's Labor Day! I hope everyone is enjoying their day off.

Today I am going to show you a couple things I have been working on. First is my take on a fabric flower. There are so many tutorials out there on making flowers so I'm not going to go into detail about the creating process. Its a ton of circles.. like at least 12 circles per flower. Here is a tutorial that uses the same technique I use: Ruffles And Stuff but here is a link with 10 variations of fabric flowers: Skip to My Lou. I think I'll be taking a whack at those soon. Anyway, here you go.


The plan is to add these to the shop in the form of necklaces, and hair accesories.

Okay now on to show one more thing. Crafty Amy from Babble, who also happens to be Amy from Mod Podge Rocks! posted this super cool article called 20+ craft ideas with buttons and the first thing you see are these painted hair clips with buttons on them. They are so cute I plan on making about a million.
Here is one that I made:
 Very simple but cute. I bought a few packs of plain silver clips, painted them with acrylic paint I had on hand. To make them shiny I spray painted with this:
It works like a charm! I did a couple coats for good measure :) Lastly I chose a couple buttons I liked and hot glued them on.

Well that's it for now. There is nothing I like more than a simple cute craft I can do in little spurts of time between chasing my toddler.

Have a great day!

No comments: