Friday, September 23, 2011

September Stew - Foodie Friday

Hello everyone! It's Foodie Friday time again! I love Fridays for a multitude of reasons, one being Foodie Fridays, and another is that I get to wear jeans to work on Fridays. Yeah!

Ok, so this week I felt like making stew. Nevermind the fact that it was about 74 degrees outside by the time the stew was done and we ate it. I wanted stew. I made stew. It was deeeeeeeeelicious! Ask Brandi, she had some of it. ;)


Since I hate using recipes, here is what I put in it: stew beef (floured and browned then put in the crock pot with everything else), red potatoes, baby carrots, spanish onion, celery, Adobo, beef bullion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and water. Because I hate measuring anything, I ended up using BOTH of my crock pots to make it. At least I had some to share! Brandi, JJ, Dad, Mom, AJ (my dad's sister), Tony, and my freezer shared this stew. Oh, I ate some too. :)

It was tasty and very very comfort food. I can't wait for a cool night in October to pull the container out of the freezer and enjoy it again.

I hope you all have a splendid weekend! I have a wedding to go to this weekend. I made the wedding present and am so in love with it that I'm going to make some extras for friends whose weddings I went to recently and/or didn't get to go! I'll show you on Made it Monday so be sure to come back and check!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

That was some delicious stew. Tony loved it too.

Meig Heyburn said...

Oh yeah! I forgot I sent some to Tony! I will have to edit the post to put his name in the list of those who enjoyed it. :)