Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Ten

Today I'm going to share with you ten of my favorite books. It's difficult to just pick ten since I love books so much, but here are the first ten I came up with. :)

The Sun Also Rises is my all-time favorite book. Hands down. I love Hemingway as an author and public figure, but I also adore this story. I could read it and re-read it all the time.

The Illustrated Man is a wonderful story by Ray Bradbury. He is a great writer and his ability to create such wonderful stories is amazing to me! I love this book.

Matilda was my favorite book as a child. I used to finish it and start back over at the beginning. Since it's about a little girl who loves to read, I suppose it's rather apropos that it's my favorite book from childhood!

Another favorite by Ray Bradbury is Fahrenheit 451. I loved this book from the minute I finished the first word.

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress is a wonderful memoir. It's both moving and hilarious. I highly recommend it.

Half the Sky is a book that EVERYONE should read. It's a collection of empowering stories that leaves you wanting to change every part of the world that you can get your hands on.

The Handmaid's Tale is a great book that leaves you both refreshed and uncomfortable at the same time. Margaret Atwood is a wonderfully talented writer and this book does not disappoint.

The Alchemist is one of those books that leaves you with a refreshed feeling of completion and a desire to examine your life journey to be sure you don't miss out on the opportunities you're to explore.

I love this book. My mom does, too. It's a great story about tolerance and growth.

I've read a number of Anita Shreve's books and they're all wonderful, but this is, by far, my favorite of hers. I highly recommend it.

 

So, there you have it - my Tuesday Ten! Linking up at Miss Mommy today!





Miss Mommy 
 





Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

2 comments:

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

I also linked up and I just wanted to comment on yours.

I love books too and I found so many of my favorites on this list as well!

I have never met anyone else who has read an Anita Shreve book, I love her! Testimony made me cry so much.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I loved your list!

Nicole Wellon {evieLu} said...

JUST the post I've been wanting to see!. I just asked for my friends' advice on my facebook page the other day for any good book recommendations. I have to say that I haven't read anything on this list, so I just might have to give a few a try :)
Thanks for linking up :) xx