Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Today I'm thankful for the ability to say no. Too often I forget that I am capable of saying no to people and recently I have been exercising my right to say no and it's been wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I love helping people and doing all kinds of things, but I have the terrible habit of overdoing it and then I get utterly exhausted and can't find time to be with my family because I have so much going on.

This past week or so has been delightful. I went to Indy and did very little except spend time with family. Then I came home and every night this week I have been home (save for the hour or so running errands or working on the table cover for our craft show table with Brandi) and on the couch doing something crafty. I am loving this. I could get used to this relaxed lifestyle. I don't feel so harried. This must be what other people my age feel. Because surely they can't feel as frustrated, harried, distracted, and out of breath as I usually feel.

I know you only live once, but that life is what you make it. I want to make it full, but I want to fully live it as well. I want to be able to have time to reflect and enjoy those around me instead of racing from place to place. I want to be able to sit for a few evenings in a row on the couch with my pets and just exist. So, that's what I've been doing lately. I'm thankful for the ability to do that.

I'm also thankful I have this guy:

He's the best friend I never asked for. He's always by my side and loves me no matter what. I really got lucky when he sauntered into my life.

What are you thankful for?

Linking up at Southern Charm.

No comments: