Monday, January 30, 2012

Made it Monday: It's Baby Time!!

Happy Monday! We've been busy lately creating new things for the shop, prototypes, and getting some personal projects out of the way.

One of my best friends is having a baby very soon and since I'm leaving for a trip to Mexico in a couple weeks, I wanted to be sure I had all my sewing projects for him done before I go. Just in case he doesn't listen to Auntie Meig and decides to make his appearance when I'm gone!

I got some super cute fabric at the store to make a carrier and car seat canopy and had so much left over that I made two changing pads, too! (Please pardon some blurriness in the pictures - I just got a new lens and am not quite used to it yet.)

changing pads, carrier, and car seat canopy
Changing pads - lined with fusible fleece and backed with fleece for absorbency and comfort.

Carrier from this pin (tutorial is linked in the pin). Very easy to follow.

Detail on carrier - isn't that fabric cute!!??

Contrasting fabrics on the car seat canopy.
Car seat canopy. I sort of used the tutorial from this pin, but only as a guide and for some measurements. I did not gather it and I made it reversible.

Other side of the canopy. So cute!!
Another friend gave me a tshirt and asked me to make her a bag to put her violin music in for ease of carrying, so I finally got around to making that for her.

I also have a cousin who is having a baby and the shower is this weekend so I made two hats for them. I made my cousin a viking hat and a monkey hat, and I made a giraffe and penguin for the friend that I made the carrier/canopy/changing pads.
You can buy this for yourself or child here.

If you want one of these for yourself or child, let us know and we'll create a custom listing. craftygirlsquared[at]gmail[dot]com
You can buy this for yourself or child here.
You can buy one for yourself or child here.
I also made a Hello Kitty pillow for my littlest niece. I made a Thomas pillowcase for my nephew and my oldest niece is getting doll clothes as soon as I get them done. ;) Probably Tuesday. Haha.

I also made myself a crochet hook roll. I'm going to Mexico for a week to build houses and I wanted a place to store my hooks that was a little nicer than a pillowcase bag. I used one of the TOMS flags that I got with one of my pair of shoes and made myself a spot to hold my hooks, scissors, needles, and chapstick!





And the last thing I'm going to share with you is the PJ pants that Brandi and I made last week. Mine are too short and took some creative sewing to fit right, and hers are a little big, but we are pretty pleased with how they came out.


















So there you have it! That's what I've been up to lately. What have you been up to? :)


No comments: