Monday, January 2, 2012

Made it Monday - Owls and The Jen Hat!!


Hello and Happy New Year! I hope you're all having a great new year so far and living up to all your resolutions. ;)

This weekend I took things really easy. I stayed in most of the time and spent some time with my family. I really enjoyed my time off. Because of that, I got to start and finish a new project! I'm so glad that Brandi is at work right now so it won't spoil the surprise for later. :)



I got this pattern on Ravelry and I love it! It was so easy to follow and so fun to do! I hate the yarn that it calls for (Caron Simply Soft) because the threads pull apart so easily on the hook, but I adore the finished product so much that it's worth it. I made one pair for Brandi (the pink ones, duh) and one pair for myself.

Another thing I'm excited about is The Jen Hat. This particular hat is destined for my friend's head, but you can buy your very own in our shop. With this hat comes a donation to the Jennifer Merendino Memorial Foundation to aid cancer patients (read more about her story here). Each purchase will result in $15 donation to the fund. Not only are you getting a handmade item, but you're getting the opportunity to share a monetary gift that will help those who are in pain and in the most need. This hat is wearable by men or women. It's got a bit of the 'hipster slouch' going on so it's great for those of us with pony tails or teens. It's made with acrylic/wool blend yarn and is super warm.

What have you been up to lately??


No comments: