Monday, July 30, 2012

Jamberry

Hello everyone! Thought I'd stop in from my mini-hiatus to fill you in on a little bit of what's been going on around here. My parents are moving back to my town so I've been spending a lot of time helping them and haven't been able to get as much crafty work done. That's ok, though. I really am happy that they're only 10 minutes away from me now!

I did finish up my charm square quilt top. I just need to put some sashing on and make a quilty sammich! I'm hoping to have it done by fall so I can curl up under it and crochet. :)

I did do the rows so they wouldn't line up on purpose. I know that probably sounds like I'm trying to cover up the oops, but I love the off-center look of the squares and really wanted each row to be unique.


I was going to edit these pictures, but I thought it was a little sneak peek into sewing nights with Brandi and me. We get together and let the dog and kid run wild (not really, but it sounded cute) while we sew up a storm at the table. I finished my quilt top during one of these nights and we wanted to take advantage of the second person at my house for photos of it and went outside and this happened. Fun, fun, fun! :)


I've also been preserving some deliciousness. My mom pinned a recipe for Earl Grey Peach Preserves. I made them:

Then I used some cherries, blueberries, and black raspberries (from my yard) to make cherry berry:

YUM! Need to get some more bagels so I can try them out! ;)

Hope you're all creating up a storm. What's new with you lately?


No comments: