Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oh what a surprise...

My machine started acting funny last night and so I decided instead of continuing to try to sew and just getting frustrated, I would take it apart and clean it.

So I took off the foot and the plate under there and here is what I found.


I know its a bad cell phone picture but I still wanted to share. See all that dust crap? I bought this machine one year ago. Seriously! I do sew often but I had no idea it would get this bad in one year because frankly I know people who haven't cleaned their machines in many years.

I took the little stiff bristle brush to it and here is what came out.


I also tried to vaccum it but I can't find my tiny attachments so the hose wasn't able to get too close.

Just thought I would share that with you all so if you haven't cleaned the lint from your machine in a while I would highly suggest it. My machine works just like new now. :-)


No comments: