Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

I finally finished a number of commissioned projects (that I totally forgot to photograph so I'll do that ASAP and share with you - promise!!) and wanted to make something for myself. I had purchased 10x10 canvasses a while ago for another project but decided I wanted to use 8x10 flat canvasses so they've been sitting here, waiting to be loved.

It's no secret that I love Star Trek: The Next Generation. I also love tea. Earl Grey, to be exact. I took the phrase that Captain Picard says to the replicator 'Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.' and stenciled it on the canvas and then found a picture (took forever!) of one of the cups they used for tea on the show and put it in the corner (I shaded the back of the paper with pencil then traced over the lines on the front with pencil and pressure and that caused light lines to appear on the canvas - then I painted over them).


I love it. Turquoise and slate grey. LOVE!

It's not perfect, but I love it. I have plans for another arty-tea piece, but need to get cracking on my laundry.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!







Positively Splendid

No comments: