Monday, January 28, 2013

Petty Cash Stash Bash

I know it's been forever since we've blogged here. Life got crazy and we just went with the flow! We're both hoping to get back into the swing of things after our little 'vacation' and to get things started I'm going to share a little project I worked on this weekend.
 
My coworker and I were using a plain envelope for our petty cash and it was terrible at holding the change, so I told her I'd make a little zip pouch and embroider 'petty cash' on the outside. She didn't think I'd actually do it, but I did. So here's a little bag for our petty cash stash.

I used fabrics that were in my fabric stash, a zipper that was given to me by a friend, and I used two different fonts for the embroidery. I used a stem stitch for 'petty' and a whip stitch for 'cash.' This was the first time I did a whip stitch that much and I think it turned out well!
The bag is just a simple zip pouch, but I really need to look at those tutorials for better zipper corners - mine are terrible! Oh well, it serves its purpose. :)

Have a great week!!

No comments: